Msc., Chemistry, UFMG, 1993.
Ph.D., Chemistry, Université de Montréal, Canada, 1997
- Chemical Speciation: New Approach Using Density Functional Methods
- Inclusion Compounds: Cyclodextrines and Polypeptides
- Coordination Compounds in Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Ion retention mechanism by minerals: The challenge of As(III) and As(V).
- Metal Surface Modeling : New Full Quantum Mechanic Hybrid Method
GPQIT and its members
Thesis and Dissertations
Funding Agencies supporting GPQIT
Metal-Ligand interactions are present in different systems of technological and academic interest, such as in coordination compounds, organometallics, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, in organic synthesis and in biological systems. In spite of the great development of the experimental techniques, the chemical behavior of these systems is not completely understood at a molecular level. We have contributed to the development and application of the Density Functional Methods to study at a molecular level important systems involving Metal-Ligand interactions.